HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 09:15:32 -0700
At 04:55 PM 4/1/96 PST, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>A good question, Dan!  DBAudit does not work for us, any longer, due to
>CM limitations, and Bradmark is not getting it upgraded very quickly -
>apparently, not many (if any) sites w/DBAudit are experiencing this, so
>there's not much urgency (they have tried to be helpful, though).  I've
>been looking on and off for a few months for another logfile browser
>without success.

The problem that arose with DBAudit was not CM limitations, but rather, a
problem with the conversion to NM to utilize virtual arrays.  There were
some specific cases whereby the virtual addressing techniques that were used
caused problems. Unfortunately our test suite did not encounter the
particular set of conditions.

Efforts have been underway for several weeks to resolve these problems but
unfortunately it is taking longer than we anticipated.  It appears we should
have it resolved shortly.  Once we complete re-certifying the product
against our updated test suite we'll be ready to release it for user BETA
testing.

Lee was one of the first customers to encounter the problem and will be
included in the first batch of updates sent to our customers.

Jerry Fochtman, Director Of HP3000 R&D
Bradmark Technologies, Inc.