HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 4

From:
Janice Yule <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 16:33:16 -0500
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Jeff Woods wrote:

> Hello Leonard,
>
> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 07:16:23 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> |     At a remote location, there is an HP 5si Printer.  We need them to set
> |     the default printer settings for landscape, compressed print.  The
> |     person there, one who is technically proficient (= not a user),  says
> |     there are no such options on that printer.  We gave him instructions
> |     based on the 4si that we have here.  Is he / are we missing something?
> |
> |     Leonard Berkowitz,  Warren, Gorham & Lamont
>
> Apparently what you are missing is the functionality you want in the LJ 5si.
> I have looked through the LJ5si manual and have walked the configuration
> options on the front panel of the 5si and (although the default orientation
> can be set, the default font and the number of lines per page do not appear
> to be configurable on this printer.
> --
> Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]> [PGP key available]
> Women and cats will do as they please. And men and dogs should relax
> and get used to the idea. -- Robert A. Heinlein (1907 -1988)

I just installed a Laserjet 5si this week.. it really is not clear as to
how you do some of the things that we have been used to on the 3si and 4si..
However after installing my Jet Direct network card and the HP Jetadmin
utility I was eventually able to find where to set up and change printer
defaults - click on the 'CONFIGURATION' box and then select 'ADVANCED'
from the action bar.  This will bring up a list of various settings that
can be changed.

My laser arrived with an offer for a free cd-rom on Laserjet 5si Personal
Training.  Call 1-800-992-8555 or go to http://www.hp.com/go/lj5si-training.
Ask for part number 5964-2348E.  I know I am going to need it!

Good Luck!

Janice Yule                    Phone (905)575-2060
Mohawk College                               Fax   (905)575-2330
                               email - [log in to unmask]