HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:56:48 -0800
Hi all,

I just visited the Interex web site at:
   http://www.interex.org

I was quite disappointed to not find any mention of MPE or the HP3000
on almost any of the pages I visited:

   home page: none, nada, zip mentions of MPE or HP3000.

so, I checked the pages pointed to from the top level page...

   The Publications pages had a couple of references (for Interact magazine,
   and, oddly, for Eugene's "Thoughts and Discourses on HP3000 Software").

   The "News" page had a 2 items (out of about 39) on the 3000.

   The CSL page has an MPE bullet.

   A couple of other pages had accidental (oops, make that: sporadic)
   references to MPE and/or 3000.

All in all, exceedingly disappointing.

Other random notes:

   The "Other Hewlett-Packard Related Sites" offers a quirky, and very short,
   list of web sites.  The criteria for being listing in the section "Companies
   on the Web" must be extremely complex/arcane/esoteric/expensive/?, as
   only two companies are listed: Convex and WRQ.

   The "extensive vendor list" is the usual list of paid-advertising.
   Spot checking showed that not all of the spelling mistakes in the vendor
   names have been corrected.
   I can sort of accept that a *printed* list of vendors might want to
   charge a fee ... but an electronic list should be extensive...and it isn't.
   I think that a *user group* should represent the users, not the bank acount!

Well...maybe more later, after I find some more bridges I can burn :)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html