HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 3

From:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 09:02:45 +0000
Hello All,

  I have heard rumors that the HP2566 900lpm printer is unsupportable
as of the 1st of April, and that the HP2567 is close behind that.
I think they are saying that they will try to support them
'as best as they can', and that they will no longer issue new support
contracts for them. Could someone please verify or dispell
this information.
    If it is true, what are Hewlett Packard's suggestions for high speed
line printer replacements? Also, are there any third party support
vendors willing to support these printers?

TIA for any accurate information...I hate rumors!
--