HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 3

From:
Scott McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 02:09:29 GMT
To all members of the HP3000 community:

I have put a *PRELIMINARY* copy of some documentation describing
system software limits on the WWW. Specifically, the document is
intended to describe limits in the MPE/iX operating system for Release
5.5. It should be obvious to all of you the 5.5 has not been
officially released as of this time. For this reason, and because the
content of this document is still subject to review, I would
appreciate it if you treat this material as *PRELIMINARY*.

I am very interested in any and all feedback on the page, the
material, etc.

* If there are specific  software limits which are not document, and
you feel they should be, please drop me a line.

* If there are documented limits which you question, please point them
out. If there is information which is not clear, let me know.

* If there are specific software limits that you feel will be an issue
for you or your customers, it is particularly important that you let
me know.

You can send feeback to me directly at [log in to unmask] It is also
fine if you want to post responses/feedback/questions to this
newsgroup.

I spent the majority of my time translating a pre-existing document
(for Release 5.0) to HTML so that it could be displayed on the WWW. I
have not had a chance to take a real hard look at the content so I am
sure there are mistakes.

As I make changes I will post a message in this newsgroup. I will be
adding documentation for Data Communications software, TurboImage, and
AllbaseSQL when I get time (help in reviewing documentation in these
other areas would be greatly appreciated).

The URL for the limits information is

http://jazz.external.hp.com/papers/limits/intro.html

(It can be found in the following the "Shareware and Demos for the HP
3000" link, and the "View Online HP 3000 related papers" link from
the "HP 3000 Web Server" Home Page -- http://jazs.external.ho.com --
sometimes refered to as "Jazz")