HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 3

From:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 03:27:30 GMT
Philip E. Test ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: There are a few terminals still with problems, and others which have slave
: printers to which applications print which seem to act differently, perhaps
: because escape sequences are more stringent.  We're continuing our warranty

- Slaved printers on MPE/iX required changes to block mode applications as
  far as I recall.  There were couple of new intrinsics that had to be
  called to get the block mode/character mode switching and slave printer
  control work okay.  I think those were VTURNOFF and VTURNON....

  Here's something I came across:

  When VPLUS is in use, the VTURNOFF and VTURNON intrinsics are needed.
  VTURNOFF allows the application to switch momentarily to character
  mode from block mode without disturbing the screen.  The program
  can then use the DISPLAY verb to send the proper escape sequences
  and data.  After printing is complete, VTURNON is used to reconfigure
  the terminal for block mode.

  For more Information on the escape sequences, please refer to the
  HP700/94 reference manual, part number 5957-9982.  For more information
  on the VTURNON and VTURNOFF intrinsics, please refer to the VPLUS/V
  Reference Manual, part number 32209-90001, under Appendix G.

  After calling VTURNOFF, these are the recommended steps to return the
  VPLUS application to block mode:

  1.  CALL VTURNON
  2.  DISPLAY escape lowercase b (example:  %33 b) to unlock keyboard
  3.  MOVE $REFRESH TO NEXTFORMNAME
  4.  CALL VGETNEXTFORM
  5.  CALL VSHOWFORM

  In addition, users with 700/92 terminals will need to set up the
  VENVCNTL.PUB.SYS file with bit 8 set to 1 as documented in RCEN
  W1771559.

Maybe this helps...?

:-) Eero Laurila - HP CSY Networking lab, NS services.