HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 1

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:28:57 GMT
Hello Chad,

Chad Gilles ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Hello All,

:   Does anyone know how I can specify what LDEV number a session will get
: when it logs on using VT?
:   Here is my scenario: We have some modems attached to DTC ports that
: utilize the non-nailed feature of DTC manager to allow access to any
: of our three machines. We use Security/3000 and we want to log all
: accesses to these modems to satisfy internal auditing requirements.
: When someone logs on via one of these modems I don't think I can tell if
: the session is a non-nailed modem or a non-nailed port. If I can force
: the modems to a specific LDEV then Security/3000 can log them.
:   Am I just overlooking something obvious?

From the NS/VT perspective, no their is no current method to specify the
Currently the functionality does not exist to configure the NS/Virtual
Terminal LDEVs or a LDEV range for the Virtual Terminal pool.

In your above question I am not certain if you are concerned about NS/VT.
The "VT" term/concept is not used by the DTC folks, they have Nailed &
Non-Nailed ports...

Sorry for the news.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard
Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.