HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 1

From:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Gilles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:33:51 +0000
Hello All,

  Does anyone know how I can specify what LDEV number a session will get
when it logs on using VT?
  Here is my scenario: We have some modems attached to DTC ports that
utilize the non-nailed feature of DTC manager to allow access to any
of our three machines. We use Security/3000 and we want to log all
accesses to these modems to satisfy internal auditing requirements.
When someone logs on via one of these modems I don't think I can tell if
the session is a non-nailed modem or a non-nailed port. If I can force
the modems to a specific LDEV then Security/3000 can log them.
  Am I just overlooking something obvious?

TIA
Chad Gilles
American United Life
Indianapolis, IN