HP3000-L Archives

March 1996, Week 1

From:
"Parker, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Parker, Kathy
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:50:00 -0500
Our database crapped out 2/23 (for those of you who haven't heard of this
yet). The following things were going on that may have attributed to the
problem:

 ODBC (recently attached to a DBE environment)
 Superdex
 7.4 million entries (11.7 million sectors)
 Recent multiple (1.5 million +) DBDELETEs
 Day before broken chains - Orbit backup running for 12+ hours until
  sync
 Day of broken chains - LLIO errors on tape drive and backup aborted

We are running C.05.08 version of Image, HP claims we should be running
version C.06.07 to handle the jumbo datasets. I would agree with this,
but, per what I thought the definition of jumbo sets was (4GB), we don't
have such an animal (ours was 2.8GB).

I am at a loss. If any of you have heard of any problems with ODBC,
Orbit, Superdex, etc, please let me know. We are in panic mode here
hoping this doesn't happen again - another 72 hour vigil recovering our
databases is not something I believe I can survive again!

Thanks
Kathy Parker
Sumitomo