HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 05:49:25 -0800
Randy Smith wrote:

> Tied up in all that is the implication that in order to keep selling your product (ie
> keep getting profits), you must keep your customer happy.  That doesn't mean
> sacrificing your profits for their needs.  Quite the contrary, it means making sure
> you, rationally, continue to meet the needs to continue to make the profits.
> Capitalism is not profits at any cost, you wouldn't stay in business long.
> Capitalism, in this case, is a long-term mutually beneficial relationship.  If HP
> doesn't listen to us, then eventually we'll leave, and win for leaving.
>
> The opinions above are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
> anyone else.

Unfortunately, I'm not very eloquent.  Randy has done a great job of
explaining why I believe HP does put customers first.

Larry Boyd    <[log in to unmask]>
"Each problem solved creates the opportunity to solve the next problem
          that the last solution created." - Richard Pascale
(These opinions are my own and not those of Hewlett-Packard.)