HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 20:57:38 CST
Steve Patrick wrote:

> Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >>     What is the percentage of Response Centre resources
> >>     devoted to MPE problems vs UNIX problems?

[snip useful details, thanks]

> As far as the cost of a UNIX call vs. an MPE call, I don't know. I would not
> think they should be much different. If one takes a person who is well schooled
> in UNIX and one who is well schooled in MPE, they should be able to resolve
> the problem for approximatley the same cost, given the problems are similar.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. The question I intended to bring
out is basically, are the calls similar between Unix and MPE. Thanks is,
do Unix users get into more/deeper trouble than MPE users or do MPE
users ask only harder questions. If MPE is easier to use or is more
reliable or otherwise "different" from Unix, then that difference
may show show up different types of RC calls. If MPE calls are
easier (or harder) to answer, then the average cost per call would
be different between systems.

Surely HP analyzes the types of calls the degree of effort required
for answering them.
--
-- - - - Speaking for myself and not necessarily anybody else - - - - - -
Richard Gambrell        | Internet: [log in to unmask]