HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
peter van boheemen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter van boheemen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 17:12:54 +0100
Is there anybody out there who can help me solve the following
problem.
I want to log the cpu-time spend searching a data base.
I looked at the PROCTIME intrinsic, but this will only tell me
how much CPU time is spend in the current process. In this case
the user-interface is launching sub processes to do the searches.
Then I tried to get hold of the HPCPUSECS variable, before and
after the search and log the difference. I got strange results, so
I checked the manuals and noticed that HPCPUSECS, if retrieved from
the CI process, will return the number of cpusecs consumed during
the entire session, but if retrieved from any other process it will
return the cpusecs spend in that current process. (silly, isn't it)
Now I am lost.

Regards,
Peter
Drs. Peter J.C. van Boheemen
Head Systems Development and Data Base Management
LIBRARY WAGENINGEN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY/PUDOC-DLO
Jan-Kopshuis, Automation Department
tel: +31-8370-82517                       fax: +31-8370-84761
Email: [log in to unmask]
Snail:Gen. Foulkesweg 19, 6703 BK Wageningen, the Netherlands