HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
#! rnews 1723 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
#! rnews 1723 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 20:31:37 GMT
Brad Straiton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>We are currently adding a set into an existing database using DBCPLUS
>version A.02.02 but DBALTER fails with the following messages.
>
>Cannot rename set <setname> to ALTER22  (DBA 600)
>File system error 100  (DBA 410)
>=>DUPLICATE PERMANENT FILE NAME  (FSERR 100)
>Restructuring has not been completed due to fatal error  (DBA 280)

Hello Brad. The error you are encountering with DBC+, is due to a problem
with FCLOSE, in which it must change a data set from the permanent domain
to the job temp directory. This happens if you are adding/deleting a data
set which will require set re-ordering. In other words, if you are adding
or deleting a data set which is not the last data set in the database.

The problem is resolved by the patch MPEHXJ5 (ref. SR #5003-276741). You can
call the Response Center and request the patch. Also, until you receive the
patch, as a temporary workaround, if you give the user who is running DBC+
AM capability, this will resolve the problem.

Best regards,
Steve Patrick
HP Database Expert Center