HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
"Carl E. Ruth II" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl E. Ruth II
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 00:25:42 GMT
"Michael T. Kapsak" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>We too, are using the Security/3000 logoff in much the same manner. We
>have several logoff statement set up, and Logoff tries like the dickens
>to boot an idle session off. Occasionally we receive the message on the
>system console "NO FURTHER LOGOFF ATTEMPTS WIL BE MADE" after the fourth
>attempt to log a session off. I can not pinpoint what is causing my

>Mike Kapsak
>BFGoodrich Aerospace
Mike ,

You are getting farther along than I am.  In my case the snapshot
shows that the sessions is ripe for aborting; but, according to the
SLOGOFF.DATA.VESOFT.  Logoff never attempts to log them off at all.
At this point I would be happy if I got a message stating that LOGOFF
was trying to do its job. :-(

Of course I would forward any solution I find to you, that is one of
the primary reasons for these groups.

---
Carl E. Ruth II
Senior Gopher