HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:10:10 -0500
In a message dated 96-02-23 11:15:26 EST, [log in to unmask] (Jeff Kell)
writes:

>If you have a database with CIUPDATE=ALLOWED, is there any way to "turn
>on" CIUPDATE in QUERY?
>
>I know you can set CIUPDATE=ON in DBUTIL but that makes me a bit paranoid.
>
>Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>

This feature is enabled/disabled for the program with a DBCONTROL mode 5/6.
I thought that had been implemented in Query recently, so I went looking in
QueryCM.  No such luck.  I thought that ASSIGN might have been expanded.

I also looked in QueryNM.  Didn't find it.

Further, DBCONTROL mode 9/10 enable and disable High Water Mark DBPUTs.
 There is no way to enable/disable this through Query either.

Maybe I didn't look well enough.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .