HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 3

From:
"Thomas C. Allen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas C. Allen
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:45:08 -0800
Dear MPE Commnity,

As I begin a new programming project in C under MPE/ix I am again faced with an
annoying problem:

  ** How do I paste from my Ms-Windows application into an MPE file?

Specifically: I see a nice code sample on a web page in Netscape and I want to
compile it under MPE.  Gee, just cut-n-paste and compile.  Am I asking too
much?

There are many multi-step options and I have access to WRQ Reflection 4.21 as
well as various Unix applications such as HP terminal emulators, Softbench and
good 'ol ftp.  When transferring Dos and Unix files I've had the best luck
using
WRQ ftp in getting a decent usable file under MPE.  I can paste into TDP
using screen mode--sort of. Pasting into HPEdit only accepts one line at a
time.
* Sigh *

Has anyone created a cool, Visual Basic-style, OLE-enabled ftp-to-MPE-file
application?  OK, I won't be greedy:  How about a WRQ command file to save the
cut buffer to MPE?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, tools or fantasitc solutions.

- Thomas