HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 2

From:
Tad Bochan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tad Bochan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 21:16:34 EDT
Try this
setvar streamer str(hpstreamedby,pos("#",hpstreamedby),10)-")"
showvar @stream@
--------------
A customer of ours has installed Express-3. He wants to communicate the
steps of certain batch jobs back to the user who streamed it via :tell
commands. Sounds like a job for the new HPSTREAMEDBY variable. Just do a
":tell !hpstreamdby Step 1 of n starting", right. Then I see that the
HPSTREAMEDBY variable looks like this:

:showvar HPSTREAMEDBY
HPSTREAMEDBY = DOUG.WERTH (#S2520)

I only want to send it to session 2520, not everyone logged on as
DOUG.WERTH. So, time for a little MPE programming. I thought I would share
it with the list so nobody would need to re-invent the wheel. Just add
these line to the beginning of any batch job, or set them up as a
udc/command file, or...

<-------------- cut here ---------------------------->
setvar beginpos  pos("(","!hpstreamedby") + 1
setvar endpos pos(")","!hpstreamedby")
setvar numchars endpos - beginpos
setvar streamer str("!hpstreamedby",beginpos,numchars)
deletevar beginpos, endpos, numchars
showvar @stream@

HPSTREAMEDBY = DOUG.WERTH (#S2520)
STREAMER = #S2520