HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 2

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:04:00 S
Greetings all

The subject probably says it all, but can anyone help me to get the
latest ODBC Drives for Image/SQL (ALLBASE/SQL) running on a Windows 95
platform?

I want to get Names and Addresses into (and out of) a TurboImage database
on the HP3000 from within Microsoft Office (Word,Excel) for Windows 95
(version 7.00).

I have installed the early version (1.0?) to get the ODBC Icon into the
Control Panel.
Then I installed the latest version (2.0?) over that.

Incidentally, the opening and closing dialogue boxes from setup.exe don't
show any text, and you have to "feel" your way around until you hit the
OK buttons!

Anyway, when I run Get External Data from Excel 7.00, MS Query doesn't
see my Data Source.

Is it because it's 16bit? If so, where can I get 32 bit versions of ODBC
for Allbase/Sql?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil Harvey