HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 2

From:
Allen Heap <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Heap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 18:45:45 GMT
On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, (Rick Clark) wrote:

> Hi all.  Have a problem that should not be.  I have several modems connected
> to a DTC48 that do not abort the session if DTR is dropped.  The profile is
> as follows
>
> Terminal Type = 10
> Line speed = 9600
> Record width = 80
> Modem type = 1
> Modem behavior = 1
> Parity = None
> Speed/Parity sensing = Y
> Allow :HELLO logon = Y
> Reset HP terminal = Y         (per manual,  this is the setting to reset
> port)
> NLIO device = N
> Hardware handshaking = N
>
> Any clues?  Many TIA
>
> Rick Clark

It looks like your HP configuration is ok.  Most modems come with DTR forced
high (so most PC's can dial out without a lot of handshaking).  You might
want to see if your modems's DTR is set high--if they are, set them to
normal so that the HP3000 will be able to determine when a user is
connected.  When the user disconnects, the DTR will drop from the HP for
a few moments then it will come back on to allow the next user to sign on.
It will also drop any sessions left hanging at the same time.

Regards,
Allen Heap
Baltimore County Local Government