HP3000-L Archives

February 1996, Week 1

From:
"Paul H. Christidis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 1 Feb 1996 05:12:08 EST616_- Leonard wrote,

<snip> Since the time to perform an update is considerable, given our philosphy,
- should we simply install the 5.0 push on the 987-150 or should we
- leap-frog to the Express 3 release, with the latest powerpatch, C.50.04
- that Jon Cohen wrote about this morning? Or some alternative.

The key issue that we look at is support life, Express releases come off of
support 6 months after the next Push, while Push releases stay on cover much
longer (like 18 months?) after the next push, unless there is something really
necessary in the Express releases we [...]45_1Feb199605:12:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 08:44:48 PST
Mark,

Are you by any chance 'shadowing' any of your files/groups/accounts on the
machine using 'netbase' to another machine or account?.  If the answer is
yes then that could possibly explain it.

Regards

Paul H. Christidis