HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 12:29:58 -0500
Evan stated that:

>  Allbase ODBC, Ingres/Net, Win92, and (although we haven't tried it, we
>  think) InfoAccess do, however, all work nicely with MS Winsock.  Netscape
>  does not.
>
>  Has anybody run into a situation like this -- where some applications work
>  only with one Winsock and some applications work only with another? How
are
>  you handling it?
>
>  Or: has anyone been able to get Netscape working with MS Winsock?

I have Reflection, Netscape, MS Exchange, MS Explorer, AOL and a few other
application working with MS Winsock.  Yes, I did say AOL.  I can set the
connection type to TCP/IP and whilst connected to the local ISP, I can fire
up AOL and connect through the Internet.

No problems.

I have this working with Windows 95.  I was using WRQ's stack when I was on
WFWG and Windows 3.x.  So I can't help you there.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .