HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 11:41:44 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

>    We're looking for input/ideas/etc. on hooking HP MPE/XL boxes up via
> ethernet to allow incoming connections.  We've got some customers who wish
> to explore this possiblity.  Some have Novell networks, WFW, etc.  and
> wish to be able to attach to the HP via ethernet.  Also, are there any
> solutions available for internet connectivity that don't require a
> seperate HP-UX or unix box in between?

Mike,

  There was a HP TCU (Technology Close-Up) broadcast George Stachnik did on
connecting a 3000 to a network - you can call (800)224-HP3k and request a
free copy of it on video tape. It covers everything you need to get a 3000
talking on a network - which for MPE/iX boxes really is pretty easy. The
built-in ethernet interface just plugs into your network; FOS includes the
software you just enable to allow incoming VT (virtual terminal) connections.
Outbound telnet and client and server ftp are bundled also.
  If you need specifics on how to connect a 3000 to the Internet, I have a
free paper available on our www and ftp servers that describes everything you
need to get hooked up.

  Chris Bartram        Sales (US):   800 Net-Mail    Fax:+1 703 451-3720
   ______              -or-       +1 703 569-9189 E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
  /__ |  \__________   Sales (Europe):+44(0480)414131 Fax:+44(0480)414134
 /  / | / ________     Sales (Pacific Rim):+61 3 489 8216 (same for fax)
|  /_ |<  ______       Tech Support:+1 703 569-9189  Fax:+1 703 451-3720
 \ __)| \ ___          E-mail: [log in to unmask]   Personal(me): [log in to unmask]
  \______/ Associates  6901 Old Keene Mill Rd Suite 205 Springfield VA 22150
Gopher: gopher.3k.com   Anon-FTP: ftp.3k.com  WWW: http://www.3k.com/