HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:53:22 -0800
Hi all,

There were some discussion recently about how to find the spoolfile ID for
a given job.  A few command files show a brute force way to do this (one
is available on jazz).

When the CI team added the new CI variables in Express 3 and 5.5 we wanted
to provide this info via another new CI variable, but we ran out of time.
It rained this weekend....so I added a new CI variable (HPLASTSPID) that
returns the spoolfile ID for the job referenced in the HPLASTJOB variable.

Here are some examples:

1) :stream myjob
    #J123
   :showvar hplast@
   HPLASTJOB = #J123
   HPLASTSPID = O442
   :print !hplastspid.out.hpspool

2) :setvar hplastjob '!hpjobtype.!hpjobnum'  { you can modify this var! }
   :showvar hplastpsid
   HPLASTSPID = O331   { assumes you are a job. set to "" for sessions }

3) (in a job:)
   !stream jjob
   !pause job=!hplastjob
   !print !hplastspid.out.hpspool

HPLASTSPID gets the value from HPLASTJOB, does some verification that
HPLASTJOB contains a valid job id, calls AIFSPFLIST passing in a selection
equation that selects this job and it's $STDLIST, and returns "Onnnn", where
nnnn is the spoolfile number.

This will be available as part of the 5.0 Express3 based LISTF,ACCESS patch
that Gopi from ISO is doing.

Comments?

Jeff Vance, MPE/iX Lab.