HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 4

From:
"Rudderow, Evan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rudderow, Evan
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 07:40:00 EST
Denysb wrote

>Evan,  I have quite a bit of experience setting up such environments at
>customer sites.  I have one site just now going into production this week.
> What do you need/would like to know?  I will be happy to put you in touch
>with them.

I'd like to know things like:
 - Does it really work?
 - Does it work well?
 - What's it do to the CPU?
 - What "pieces" or Oracle do I need -- both on the server (MPE/iX, HP-UX,
VMS) and on the client (PC, MPE/iX, HP-UX, VMS) -- Oracle marketing is more
than a little vague about this.
 - Do I *really* need MPE/iX 5.0 or do I just need Allbase G0?
 - This may sound silly, but the little doc I've seem only states that it's a
gateway to IMAGE/SQL -- can I safely assume that it's a gateway to native
Allbase data as well?

Many TIA,

 -- Evan