HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 4

From:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 16:41:49 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] says...

>Jean-Claude Cisse <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>        Hello all,
>>        I was trying to put an HP3000/918RX on our
school network. But
>>when I type this command (NSCONTROL START), I receive
these messages:
>> missing dadconfig.net.sys configuration file. (dserr
661)
>> ns control command errors. (cierr 5400)
>
>>        Also, after I've crossed validate the Network
Transport, I tried to
>>cross validate in sysgen by typing the following
commands at the mpe prompt:

>>        :sysgen
>>        sysgen>io
>>        io>exit
>>        sysgen>exit
>>        :
>
>>  **Warning** can't get nmmgr info for file
nmconfig.pub.sys.
>>  dcc error: the nmconfig file must be verified inside
nmmgr first.

>The error about the dadconfig file is caused by not
running the
>network configuration job.  I believe it is called
jconfig.net.sys or
>something similar (sorry I can't verify the name from
home).  Stream
>this job and you should have no problems.

The correct job stream is JCONFJOB.NET.SYS.  It creates
the DADCONF file by copying CONFTEMP.

>To verify the nmconfig file, you must run nmmgr.
Inside nmmgr there
>is a function key labelled utility and within that
screen there is a
>validate function key.  Perform the first two
validations (sorry, once
>again I can't verify the names from home).  The first
validates the
>network configuration, and the second validates DTC and
other system
>systems.

The following assumes that you (or your CE), has already
configured the required NS information.  IP address,
Router IP address, 802.3 protocol, etc.

The complete sequence is:

:NMMGR
f1 (Open Config)
f5 (Utility)
f3 (Go To VALIDATE)
f1 (Validate NETXPORT)
RETURN (After checking the screen for errors)
f2 (Validate DTS/LINK)
RETURN (After watching as NMMGR runs SYSGEN and
validates)
f8 (Previous Screen - 4 or 5 times or...
Home-up to the Command: line - enter EXIT and hit ENTER)

>You should shutdown the system and restart after
performing these two
>tasks.  When the system comes back up you should have
no problems.

After the system is back up, you should enter the
following commands to start NS:

:NETCONTROL NET=niname;START
:NETCONTROL NET=LOOP;START
:NSCONTROL START