HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 16:14:04 -0800
James writes:
>  If I put the system() call prior to the DBOPEN it works fine.  I
> tried putting the system() call after the appropriate DBCLOSE without
> success, same error codes.

My guess: system() is checking that the process is "clean" for possible
use of fork() ... which requires (I think) that the process not have
any resources that wouldn't be forkable: outstanding switches to CM,
IMAGE databases, and (probably) some CM managed files (CM KSAM,
or RIO files).

If that's the case, then you are stuck...you can't use system()

However, you may be able to use HPCICOMMAND() ... which doesn't have the
restrictions (although it might not be appropriate/easy for you).

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html