HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 4

From:
Leslie-Anne Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie-Anne Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 01:38:04 GMT
Gilles Schipper ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
<snip>
: Further on in the "READ BEFORE INSTALLING", there's a blurb about
: ALLBASE/SQL customers updating to version G1.

: I wonder if this describes a solution to the problem so eloquently and
: amusingly described by Guy Smith back on May 8, 1995 in a post entitled "MPE
: 5.0 Fun and Games - Part IV" ??

: I actually ran into the same problem as described by Guy - and had to revert
: back to 4.0 due to non-related other problems. It would be nice to know if
: the check described in Powerpatch 4 documentation can be undertaken on a 4.0
: system. Sure would save a lot of grief.

Gilles, the answer is yes, you can perform the steps while you are still on
4.0.  I'm not sure what caused the confusion, on page 4 of the document, it
states "Before updating to MPE/iX General Release 5.0, ALLBASE/SQL version G1,
check for the following ...".

We purposely updated the "READ BEFORE INSTALLING" document so that customers
would "save a lot of grief".

: If anybody needs a copy of Guy Smith's post, please e-mail me privately. I
: don't want to waste bandwidth.

I don't believe that I saw this post.  Would you mind sending me a copy?

Thanks,
Leslie-Anne
HP Database Lab

Leslie-Anne Bain
Hewlett-Packard Company                          Voice:  408/447-0666
19447 Pruneridge Ave, MS 47UX                    FAX:    408/447-7902
Cupertino, CA  95014-9913                        E-Mail: [log in to unmask]