HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 3

From:
HP/UX spoken here <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HP/UX spoken here <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:07:51 GMT
>It isn't always bad, that wasn't my intent.  If I have a system failure to
>report, I get transferred to the SIT group, and usually get Pete Crosby or
>someone else I know.  They know their excretory orifice from a chasm in the
>crust of the earth and deal with me on a professional level.  Unfortunately
>this isn't an "across-the-board" generalization.
>
>But bearing in mind that they probably get as many stupid calls for support
>that we get at the helpdesk (terminal not turned on, plugged in, or in local
>mode) I can understand the problem.  If they don't know you, they assume the
>worst.  Many moons ago I asked that they append their customer records with
>a flag to indicate what level of user they were dealing with.  I doubt that
>this has been implemented :-)
>
>Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>

Pete Crosby is an excellent person to have working on your problem. He
did an excellent job during the two hours I worked with him last week
diagnosing, finding, and fixing a problem I had with the command
interpreter causing Sudden Death system halts every time I ran a job.

The Response Center People have to read alot into every comment that is
made to them from the people who are on site. Alot of the onsite personel
don't know exactly what is wrong...they just know something isn't
happening like it should.

The Response Center is for fixing problems, not for product improvement
or other pontification.