HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:48:07 -0500
In a message dated 96-01-15 15:59:48 EST, [log in to unmask]
(<Elbert E Silbaugh>) writes:

>I have been ODBCing for some time - reading only. Mainly because
>I have not had time to learn how to write. Have been looking all over
>on how to setup to write and I can't find anything, or else don't
>know what it looks like. I am sure it is just a simple little thingy
>someplace that I don't have set correctly, but where?

Elbert,

The first thing you need to do is ensure that the user in the atcinfo file
has mode 1-4.  Simply get into IMAGESQL.PUB.SYS and after the obligatory SETs
(2) issue a DI USERS.  This will list the users with the password/class and
DBOPEN mode.  If, as I suspect, you need to change the mode, issue a UPDATE
USER igor@quark to MODE=5.  Exit IMAGESQL and try it then.

If it does not work, you will need to provide more information to us so that
someone can figure out what's what.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .