HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 3

From:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:38:31 PST
While not surprised, I *am* disappointed that HP chose to show only
peripherals (printers & scanners) at last week's MacWorld conference in San
Francisco. Am I the only one who thinks that the 3000 would make a great
server for a Mac network? Since MPE/iX 5.0 provides full support for
AppleTalk, it seems like a great marriage: the reliability of the 3000 and
the availability of online backup together with all that Macs provide.

What is HP's reason for supporting AppleTalk in the first place? Was it
just a few large customers screaming loudly for support? Does HP think so
little of the product that MacWorld business attendees would not be
impressed?

Of course, I could be way off on what I believe to be the capabilities of
the product. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

--Glenn Cole
  Software al dente, Inc.