HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 3

From:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 16:00:06 EST
Attention all COBOL Users

For all those COBOL fans out there, we now have a list server for COBOL via
INTEREX.  It is available to anyone interested in COBOL or development on the
HP3000.  I am hoping to get some discussions going on issues we need to discuss
at IPROF.

We are also the catalyst SIG for getting HP to consider the HP3000 as a
development machine again so this SIG list server will also get involved with
these issues.

Come one, come all, and join in the task of motivating HP to see the HP3000 as a
development environment for the future.  The new COBOL standard due to be
published next year will include object oriented structures amongst many new
features.  This will make COBOL equivalent to C++ for all the many COBOL
programmers who do not want to change language.  It may even encourage some C++
converts to return to the fold!!

Send an E-Mail to   [log in to unmask]  with a message in the body saying
SUBSCRIBE SIGCOBOL-L your-name

Please send me a message if you are planning on attending SIGCOBOL at IPROF'96.
Our meeting is scheduled for all day Wed March 20th.  We will have a "COBOL User
Solutions" session in the afternoon and I want to know who will be interested in
participating.

Look for an IPROF'96 Agenda on the SIGCOBOL-L later next week.

Jeanette Nutsford
SIGCOBOL Co Chairman

[log in to unmask]   (for Frank Kelly and Myself)
[log in to unmask]  (personal)