HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:54:14 -0500
>  UNN vs. NUM controls whether or not line numbers are seen, independent of
>  the file being a numbered or unnumbered file.  UNN is the default.
>
>  RAW vs. unRAW?? controls whether or not data in the file can be interpreted
>  as line numbers.  RAW means no. unraw?? means yes and is the default.
>
>  Lab welcomes your suggestions for an OPTION name opposite to RAW, and
>  solicits feedback on this proposal. We expect that this enhancement will
>  be available on 5.0 and 5.5 patches.

My suggestion would be :

PRINT [[FILE=]filename]
           [[;OUT=]outfile]
           [[;START=]m]
           [[;END=]n]
           [[;PAGE=]p]
           [;{UNN}]
             {NUM}
           [[;FMT=]{B[inary]}]
                   {A[scii[,"c"|'c']}

Binary = binary stream, no editing by PRINT
Ascii = printable characters only (default) - non printing characters replaced by
optional ,"c" character. If double quote mark is the desired replacement
character then '"'.

Default is ;FMT=Ascii,"."

Regards,
Jim