HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
Jon Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 17:11:30 GMT
>Steve Dirickson b894 WestWin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>On a slightly-related topic, what does HP recommend as the
>>"official" system-printer solution for 9x9KS boxes? Since the base unit
>>has neither Centronics nor RS-232 capability (ignoring the port for the
>>external modem--now *there's* an opportunity for a really ugly hack!),
>>and HPIB is "not supported", it looks like SCSI printers are the only
>>option.

and I said ...

>I'll look into this for you, but off the top of my head, I thought you
>could connect RS-232 printers off your DTC.  I'll get back to you.

Here's the scoop on that question.  There are tons of printers supported
on the 9x9KS systems, hooked up through the DTC, including (but not
limited to) 2562s, 2563s, 2566s, and Laserjets.  In addition, the new
family of system printers, the HP5000, can be connected via serial,
parallel, network, or SCSI interfaces.

Rather than an exhaustive answer posted here, let me refer you to the
on-line HP3000 configuration guide that's on our web server, Jazz, at
http://jazz.external.hp.com/ .  Check under the "What's New" link to
find the configuration guide.

I also believe that we've announced support for a whole new batch of
printers recently.

Jon Cohen
HP Commercial Systems Division