HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
Dana Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dana Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:45:46 -0500
Hello everybody,

We sold a 917LX to a customer of ours in Texas.  He would now like it to be
upgraded to a 927LX.  From what I understood, all this meant is that HP would go
go to his site, work some magic on the CPU (probably prgramming some ROM with a
special HP code) and the license is upgraded from an 8-user 917LX to a 20-user
927LX.  The CE thought that was easy enough, but the sales guy that I have to
send the P.O. to says that this is not the case.  He says that I have to swap
the entire chassis in order to upgrade this thing.  According to my
configuration guides and past experience, these were the exact same boxes with
the only difference being that one had a 917LX badge and the other had a 927LX
badge.  Is there something that I'm missing here?  Who is correct?

Thanks in Advance,

Dana Collins
Abtech Systems, Inc.