HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:14:45 EST
For those who haven't considered writing, do.  Connie's lament is
common among editors.  They will buy most anything that isn't pure
tripe, and it is a nice way to make some good packet money.  All my
home PC upgrades for the last two years have been paid for with nothing
but magazine checks.

BTW, you do not have to be a guru to write.  The industry is changing
and the focus for most magazines is switching to the management of
systems and development of applications, not to the gritty internals
of operating systems and databases (though these issue need review as
well).

Anyone who wants a start, but is a bit timid, e-mail me at my private
address (see below) and I'll be happy to give away some "how to get
started" advice.

Guy Smith                              Voice: 804-527-4000 ext 6664
Circuit City Stores, Inc.                FAX: 804-527-4008
9950 Mayland Drive                    E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Richmond, VA 23233-1464       Private E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
USA                                 Web page: http://www.infi.net/~guys

The thoughts expressed herein are mine and do not reflect those of my
employer, or anyone with common sense.