HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 2

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 06:29:55 -0800
>Michelle writes:
>
>[background snipped]
>
>Except vesoft, is there any software can controll the device number or
>node address if we go for ns3000.

I believe future releases of mpe/ix will include hp defined vars for the ip
address of each vt session so you could trap it this way. Also, I wrote a
free utility called 'vtverify' which returns the ip address of a vtsession
and allows you to build a control file which is checked for logon vt
security. You can get vtverify (source included) from our anon-ftp site. You
will find the address in my signature below.

Duane Percox  (QSS)
[log in to unmask] (415-306-1608, fax 415-365-2706)
http://www.aimnet.com/~qssnet/
 ftp://ftp.aimnet.com/pub/users/qssnet/
"The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas." -- Linus Pauling