HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 1

From:
Netnews Server <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 1996 00:04:38 GMT

---------------------------------299321052227224

There has been much discussion about QUERYNM vs. QUERYCM. There are two points
that I would like to raise:

     1. QUERYNM is a FULLY SUPPORTED product. If you wish to :RENAME QUERYNM
          to QUERY(.PUB.SYS) and use it as the default QUERY product, do so.
          You will be fully supported. If you encounter problems, an SR can
          be submitted and it will be looked at by the QUERY lab.

     2. If you believe that QUERYNM should be the default QUERY.PUB.SYS, please
          let SIGIMAGE know. If this is what SIGIMAGE recommends, there is
          probably no reason why it shouldn't happen, unless the QUERY lab
          has some strong objections.

The lastest QUERY version is D/N.03.05 and can be obtained by requesting the
patch QUEHXT0, which as of this writng, is still classified as a BETA patch.

Steve Patrick
HP Database Expert Center