HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 1

From:
Kriss Rant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kriss Rant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 17:29:21 GMT
Rick-

Yes, manuals on CD will lower your support costs.

Here is some additional information on this topic:

To order MPE/iX software documentation on CD-ROM with a
new HP 3000 system, option 0BC must be specified with the
media product, 51453B or 51454B.  Option 0BC includes a one
user license for HP LaserROM/PC (P/N 50725B) and HP CD
Extensions for MPE/iX (P/N B3683AA).  Additional user
licenses must be ordered separately.  HP CD Extensions
require MPE/iX 5.0.  Existing HP 3000 customers who wish
to start receiving their documentation on CD-ROM should
contact their support contract administrator, who will update
their support contract to indicate manuals on CD-ROM.  In addition,
product numbers 50725B and B3683AA must be ordered separately.

HP LaserROM/PC retrieval software is used to access HP 3000
and HP 9000 documentation provided on CD-ROM from a PC.

HP CD Extensions is a client/server utility that allows
PC applications to access a CD-ROM drive mounted on an
HP 3000 system.

Since the CD Extensions require MPE/iX 5.0, you may wish to
purchase the A3184A CD-ROM Drive, which is a newer Drive for
MPE/iX 5.0 systems.

Regards, Kriss Rant / MPE/iX Product Manager

(Rick Clark) ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: For $500,  I can purchase an A30680 CD for my HP3000.  What I need to know
: is.....
: 1) Is this a familiar and reliable drive?
: 2) What will I gain by putting a CD on my HP system?
: 3) Are they easy to install?
: 4) Can I access this same drive from a networked PC?
: 5) Is it true that my support costs will drop if I transfer my manuals to CD?

:     (still awaiting an answer from HP ... over 2 weeks ago)
: 6) Any other comments would be appreciated

: TIA
: Happy :>)  New Year to all !!

: Rick Clark
: Systems Manager