HP3000-L Archives

January 1996, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 15:54:41 -0800
Ken wrote:
> Also note that RC told me this is the only file HP
> sends out in this catagory, where you have to do a
> PURGE/RENAME plus RENAME to get NM.

In the spirit of MPE/iX 5.0 enhancements you could always do:

:RENAME QUERY,QUERYCM
:NEWLINK LINK=QUERY;TO=QUERYNM;SYMBOLIC

Now we have both QUERY and QUERYNM (just in case someone has a job coded to use
QUERYNM directly) but we have saved 4000+ sectors of disk space because there
is really only one copy of the program file.  I find that symbolic
links can be quite interesting even in a purely non-posix environment.

G.