HP3000-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 00:25:30 EST
Due to all responses on the list review capability being restricted ranging
from "fully agree" to "don't care" and nothing negative, the mailing list is
now locked from review in bulk.  If you fall into the "overly-paranoid"
group, you can send a message to [log in to unmask] with the text
"set hp3000-l conceal" and you will be eliminated from even the new "scan"
command to find addresses, but of course bear in mind this is somewhat of a
panacea, if you post anything to the list the inventive members of the spam
kingdom will glean your address from the newsgroup.  But, at least now the
avenue of access that I bear some responsibility for is now closed.

Thanks to all that responded for your time and opinions.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast already in progress...

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>