HP3000-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
Bruce Toback <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Toback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 17:25:58 -0700
Gavin writes:
>Just thought I would point out a couple of interesting items in (I think it
>was)
>last week's Computerworld.
[snip]
>In today's Computerworld there is an interesting bound-in section entitled:
>"The RECENTRALIZATION of IT".  It seems that what goes around comes around.
>Big organizations are moving away from decentralization and back to central
>control and management of their IT resources.

And in the most recent PC Magazine, the "Network" section concentrates on
"building a server room" with a whole bunch of advice that sounds a lot
like the rules that centralized IS folks have followed for years. They're
even bringing back the picture windows!

In the last week, I've been accused of being a dinosaur and been told that
somebody should hang a sign near my office that says "Jurassic Park."
Perhaps these folks need to be reminded that Michael Crighton's novel, the
dinosaurs WIN.

-- Bruce

Bruce Toback    Tel: (602) 996-8601| My candle burns at both ends;
OPT, Inc.            (800) 858-4507| It will not last the night;
11801 N. Tatum Blvd. Ste. 142      | But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
Phoenix AZ 85028                   | It gives a lovely light.
[log in to unmask]                 |     -- Edna St. Vincent Millay