HP3000-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:28:00 -0800
On Thur, 12/7, Jocelyn Berneche wrote:

> I'm looking for software that could transmit/distribute data files to
> different sites at different time/intervals. My problem is that I will not
> be able to use ftp. Most of the sites will expect to receive a transmission
> via modem connected to their PC. We actually use FAX/3000 for hardcopy of
> the files but some sites prefer the files themselves. FAX/3000 happens to
> be a good tool for summary of distributions/error recovery etc... Does
> anyone know of a freeware or market solution available for such transfer.

A number of individuals have made suggestings about using the features of
REFLECTIONS.  I believe you'd also have to have/develop a process to dial-out
from the HP, but there may be examples of how to do this from Interex's CSL.

I seem to recall that some of the recent enhancements to various PC-based
FAX software includes the ability to also transmit binary files which are
then stored on the receiving PC.  You may want to look into this
for perhaps the latest upgrade of the package you're using has this.  You'd
obviously also have to talk to the FAX/3000 folks about their software
including this new, emerging FAXing feature....

-- Jerry