HP3000-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
"Tony B. Shepherd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony B. Shepherd
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 10:44:43 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
 "Bryan O'Halloran" <[log in to unmask]> wrote (among other things):
] Subject:      Re: Account Level UDCs

] The UDC which fails is a logon UDC which just executes a command file.
] I know that it is the UDC that fails not the command file as the system
] log files tell me that there is no  type 105 record (file close) for the
] UDC or even the command file for the particular job/session.

] The UDC is
] LOGON
] OPTION NOLIST,LOGON,NOBREAK
] XEQ LOGON1.COMMAND.SYSTEM
] **************************

] The command file includes some file equates, setting some JCWs, setting

] Last night the UDC was bypassed by three jobs on our development 995
] each of the jobs logged on at 12:34 AM (together with a host of other jobs)
] and on our 918 the UDC was not activated by by 2 jobs and 1 session which
] logged on at 23:23 and 23:24. All of these was just after backup in the

One thing that comes to mind is file contention: too many processes trying
to open the file at the same time.  While I suspect the cure will call for
a patch, you might try the following approach to avoid the problem:

  LOGON
  OPTION LOGON,NOBREAK             {perhaps LIST for a while might help?}
  FCOPY FROM=LOGON1.COMMAND.SYSTEM;TO=$NEWPASS;NEW
  WHILE FINFO("LOGON1.COMMAND.SYSTEM", 19) <> FINFO("$OLDPASS", 19) DO
    FCOPY FROM=LOGON1.COMMAND.SYSTEM;TO=$NEWPASS;NEW
  ENDWHILE
  XEQ $OLDPASS

Removing the OPTION NOLIST and checking the $STDLIST output (without any
other changes) may give you a better peek at what's breaking too.

--
Regards  --  Tony B. Shepherd  --  [log in to unmask]

This opinion is worth what you paid for it, and if it proves to be wrong,
all monies paid will be cheerfully refunded upon presentation of receipt.