HP3000-L Archives

December 1995, Week 1

From:
Wilson Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wilson Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 10:35:52 -0800
We are in the process of converting all our in-house college processors
to enable them to control their dtc's using a OV workstation located at
their own site.  After they 'finally' install Ov Dtc Mgr 14.2
successfully (no small task), we proceed to turn off bridging and use the
14.2 routable AFCP option.  This SHOULD consist of removing the
domain.organization extention from the default destination and making the
appropriate entries in/on the DNS.  Then we download the new code to the
dtc(s) and reboot both routers (the one here and the one there).  Well,
we were 'finally' successful in getting all the terminal ports working,
BUT the printer ports will not work.

We have had another one of our sites report that this happened to them
and that they had to put the domain.org (.wa.w4c in our case) extension
back on for printer ports.  We have tried it both with and without and
still CANNOT get the printers to work.  The RC suggested making the
printer port name the same as the printers device class... and then they
offered consulting services??  I guess it's will take too long.

The other 'weird' thing is they have trouble manually
reseting/downloading their dtc using the 14.2 software and end up having
to power cycle their dtc.  Outside of reinstalling all their OV software,
we have exhausted all normal methods of correcting this and even have
tried 'unordinary' methods.

Any help is greatly appreciated... TIA

wilson

FROM: