HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 5

From:
Kelly Bakst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Bakst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 01:08:04 GMT
Very interesting - I am doing the same thing this very day, with the
same equipment (947 to Novell LAN).

I have done this before on a 960, connecting the LAN to the same
thinnet segment used for the DTC's.  I have made it all the way
through the config here, right up to where I run the NSCONTROL START
command to start network services.  I get a message "software versions
do not match" and NS fails to load.  I checked the HP knowledge base
on this, and they say just stream the JCONFJOB.NET.SYS file.  Did it.
Ran fine.  Still doesn't work.

Everything else seems to be OK (I guess - it validates, can ping
itself, etc.) but this one last step doesn't work.

Any info (for myself or Mike, I'm sure) would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.

Kelly Bakst
Director, MIS
UCLA Extension