HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 3

From:
Warren Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Warren Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:20:42 CST
  Randy makes some good points that are worthwhile in this discussion.
  At Unison we have made use of WWW servers internally for a variety
  of functions, including internal and external specifications of
  products, tape making and reporting, and quality control.  In
  these areas it is very important to be able to quickly GET TO
  the information as it is to view it.  This makes much more
  sense than e-mailing all of these documents to everyone on the
  planet.

  Our corporate "commercial" web site tends to stick to HTML 1.0+
  in that many of our customers DO access with slow Macs or text-based
  viewers.  We are slowly moving toward graphics, table, backgrounds,
  etc. as more users are turned on to better browsers.

  Still, I've found that the information you provide is just as
  important as how you present it.

--