HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 3

From:
"Leonard S. Berkowitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leonard S. Berkowitz
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 12:12:00 PST
Well, if you have MPEX:

NEWGROUP HIDDEN...
RUN MAIN.PUB.VESOFT,MAIN;PARM=1;INFO="COPY @.VISIBLE,=.HIDDEN"
PURGEGROUP VISIBLE

Leonard Berkowitz
 ----------
From: owner-hp3000-l%UTCVM.UTC.EDU
To: Multiple recipients of list HP3000-L
Subject: Re: Rename Groups
Date: Friday, November 17, 1995 5:55AM

On Mon, 11/13, Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to rename a group? I need to do this to
> temporarily "hide" some private volume files from the users.
> I have looked at MPE's help and MPEX's help, but I can't seem to find a
> command.

There isn't any means to 'rename' existing groups within an account.  About
a week or so ago there was a thread discussing this topic along with a
faily detailed explanation as to why this is not possible with the
current implementation of account structures under MPE.

 -- Jerry