HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 3

From:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 01:56:03 GMT
In article <H00000af00532355@MHS>,
Robert Joseph  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>The way I read the HP PC API guide, the Scriptor tool is ONLY for the
>Gupta interface, not ODBC.  If the Gupta interface is what you are
>trying to use, please ignore the rest of this message.
>
>For ODBC, you need to follow the PC API guide's instructions for
>installing.  To configure, you need to go to the Control Panel, run
>ODBC, click New..., select HP Allbase/SQL, then respond to the remaining
>prompts.

Scriptor is quite useful for verifying that connections from PC API
can be made, regardless of the application interface to be used (Gupta
or ODBC).

It's worth noting that attempts to connect via ODBC fail the same
way when LWP5.0 is used as the transport.  Since I am using the
Powerbuilder native Allbase connection, this necessitates the installat-
ion of the Gupta interface as well, since PB uses the Allbase router
for native connections.

--Jim