HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Kriss Rant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kriss Rant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 23:00:56 GMT
Bruce-

In ISQL on the HP3k, try either TERMINATE USER or STOP DBE.

regards, Kriss rant / HP

Bruce Conrad ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I have a developer here that has detailed the following problem:

: While accessing the Image SQL database on the HP 3000/939 using =
: PowerBuilder Pipes with an ODBC connection, intermittent data problems =
: have caused the PowerBuilder software to crash in a way that breaks the =
: connection but leaves a hidden process/connection active on the HP. After =
: five or so crashes, I am no longer able to connect to the Image database =
: through ODBC although there is no problem connecting to the HP using the =
: Reflection software.

: Currently, I do not know of a way to free up the ODBC connection other =
: than taking the HP 3000/939 down and rebooting the machine. Would you be =
: able to find out what other method I could use to solve this problem?
: ---
: The HP 3000 is MPE/iX C.5. The project involves (I believe) taking =
: Image/SQL data through a Windows PC (Reflection/Powerbuilder) and then =
: sending it to a DEC Alpha w/Sybase.
: -Thanks, Bruce