HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 09:22:32 -0500
Paul, Birket sent you a reply but it got bounced somewhere in the net.  I am
re-sending on his behalf.
==========================

On 11/08/95 15:37, "Paul Scott@INTERNET@WRQ" wrote:
>What limitation in the use of partial keys and concatenated keys
>will I encounter using Image/SQL?
>
>Paul Scott - Scott Communications

I know we put partial key and concatenated key support into our ODBCLink driver
some months ago ...

Speaking of middleware ...

Actually we have been working with our ODBCLink in lots of value added areas
including serial access, modem access, PPL access, and FAST winsock access
as well as 4.0 support, as well as turbo-image direct support, Powerhouse
dictionary support, KSAM and MPE support and even Powerhouse subfile support.

**PLUG ALERT**

DataExpress is the premier data extraction tool in the HP3000 community.
It's feature set includes the following:
- data input from Image, Allbase, KSAM, MPE flat files or combinations
- dictionaries from Cognos and HP as well as our own utilities
- output to many formats including reports, Excel, Lotus-123, Dbase, etc
- ability to define and store procedures with optional run-time parameters
- tight interface to WRQ products - DOS/WIN/MAC
- even runs from terminals and batch jobs

ODBCLink is a DataExpress option that includes the following features:
- read and write access to data with specified security
- Image without Image/SQL (ie uses Image intrinsics directly)
- Allbase and Image/SQL
- TPI - Third Party Indexing Support
- Cognos PDL dictionary support, KSAM & MPE
- interfaces to Impromptu, MS Access, Powerbuilder, MS Excel and many others
- supports serial link (hard-wired plus modem connections)
- supports winsock connections via lan
- supports serial or lan connection via WRQ PPL
- calls to XL's on the HP3000

For more information or to discuss how these tools could help you solve your
data accessing problems, contact M.B. Foster at 613-448-2333.

Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates
(613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588 (FAX) and you might have guessed 1-800-ANSWERS

Brian Duncombe ([log in to unmask]) - M.B. Foster Software Labs
"Inside every large program is a small one struggling to get out."
          C. A. R. Hoare